D7000 preview

Too long without any post. So, here's one. A very important one, at least for myself.

The rumours are true. In my possession now, is the new DSLR model from Nikon, the D7000. Though I used to have a Canon before, I had been interested of getting one Nikon when I compared my recent camera to the D90. I don't know why but there's a huge difference of pictures between my Canon (450D or XSi) with the D90. So, instead of getting just that, I thought of getting myself a big-time investment. After all, people don't buy DSLR once a year. And buying it even once every 5 year is rare. So, as for my long-term camera, I decided of buying the D7000.

Not in stock? Well, to tell the truth, the one that I bought is the last stock which I got in Henry's Camera at Queen's Street West, Toronto. Lucky me, right? They said after this, the next stock will be  on end of December or on the beginning of January. That will be too late for me, I think. So, anyone who want to purchase one, if you can find one, though it's quite far, my advice is go for it. You won't want to wait for one month.

So now, the camera specs. Well, as I'm too lazy to write all the different specs, you can go to either this link:
  • dpreview.com (my top camera site to compare cameras)
  • kenrockwell.com (this site is really good as the author really gives the camera hands-on review)

the D7000, but I'm not buying the standard 18-105mm lens


So far, I'd no chance of exploring the camera. Not that I had no interest in that, but the time limit between my study and the final exam is very restricted that I choose to excel in studies first. Life in University of Toronto can very, very hectic if you did not manage your time well, like me.

So, after using the D7000 for a few times, generally I'm very satisfied with the performance, given the time I've allocated myself to explore it. A few great photos taken, but maybe as I'm just an amateur, the results was not quite good as I expected. Here is some of the results:

Ancient globe near the Convocation Hall, UofT
Once the Toronto's meridian


More of these at my Flickr page, fa2din


So, as the final exam is currently giving my head a full spin every time I write off something in the white paper, I might have no chance of giving the camera quite a shot. Maybe after the final exam, which the last paper will occur on Dec 21, I will try to look deep through the camera, explore it a bit, trying some tricks and maybe, just maybe the results will be if not perfect, satisfying with the price of $1400CAD that I purchased it with.

Comments

Anonymous said…
yeay..ade geng.. haha!

ko pakai lens ape eyh??

-sadid-
fa2din said…
shoot.. ko dah jual ke d300 ko?? ble mase plak?? arituh ak ade nmpak ammar kate ko nak jual.. bpakk cepat ko..

haha, gang r.. ak pkai 35mm ngan 18-200mm.. dah bli, tapi sebab ak pkai amazon.com, ak antr kt border US jek.. pas exam nnti, bru ak amek..

Popular posts from this blog

life as a "pak cik"

ASME HPV East 2013: Log 5 - Good Ending

tudin dh boring