HPV Northbrook / Kenosha Race: Log 1 - First Velodrome
This weekend, I'll be joining team UofT for the Northbrook / Kenosha (Illinois) Human Powered Vehicle Race. It'll be my first time racing here. Or shall I put it, both venues; since Northbrook and Kenosha are a little bit less than 100 miles apart. Interesting part; they both has velodrome which we'll be racing in.

After about 8-9 hours of drive (plus couple of gas refills, we arrived at the Northbrook velodrome around 10:30PM. I get to drive Professor Nogami's car; which is nice. We got 4 bikes strapped to the car; 2 road bikes and 2 recumbent bikes. Which added a lot of drag to the car. Prof. said that he get around 20 miles per gallon. I don't know what's the standard/good miles per gallon is, but 20 must be pretty low.

Anyway, we're already tucked in 'bed' in this 10-person tent inside this public park. The policeman said that he don't mind that we are camping here. Which is a very good news. So we don't have to worry about 'hiding' the tent or the car anywhere.
Most of us are asleep while I'm writing this. I've got to wake up at around 3:30AM if I wanted to have 'Sahur'. I had my 'Iftar' in the car this evening. Which was fine, since I bought some drinks and snacks at the gas station.
Anyway, I think I'll go to sleep now. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow.
P.s— this person keeps coming into my head. I wonder why.
- Posted using BlogPress

After about 8-9 hours of drive (plus couple of gas refills, we arrived at the Northbrook velodrome around 10:30PM. I get to drive Professor Nogami's car; which is nice. We got 4 bikes strapped to the car; 2 road bikes and 2 recumbent bikes. Which added a lot of drag to the car. Prof. said that he get around 20 miles per gallon. I don't know what's the standard/good miles per gallon is, but 20 must be pretty low.

Anyway, we're already tucked in 'bed' in this 10-person tent inside this public park. The policeman said that he don't mind that we are camping here. Which is a very good news. So we don't have to worry about 'hiding' the tent or the car anywhere.
Most of us are asleep while I'm writing this. I've got to wake up at around 3:30AM if I wanted to have 'Sahur'. I had my 'Iftar' in the car this evening. Which was fine, since I bought some drinks and snacks at the gas station.
Anyway, I think I'll go to sleep now. It's gonna be a long day tomorrow.
P.s— this person keeps coming into my head. I wonder why.
- Posted using BlogPress
Comments