my 1st 'RIG'

Doesn't sounds, or maybe looks like a blog at all.. The last post was on urm, 2 months ago? Well, I suppose posting something in blog wasn't as important as studying, does it? Though I hardly studying at all..

This post will be dedicated to my will-be-completed desktop computer.. As other gamers or other computer enthusiast called it, my 'RIG'.. Maybe they refer it as their one of or most valuable collection.. Can it applied to me? I guess so, sidelined my D7000 and lenses at first..

So, the history goes back to my high school in Malaysia.. I never bought one single computer, notebook, tablet, phone since.. But, I enjoyed going to PC Fair held annually at the KLCC.. Till then, I've saved a lot, to buy one PC.. I made up my mind to buy one before going to Canada, the DELL XPS Studio 16.. Somehow, I hesitated and went to Canada, having all my savings transferred to my bank account here.. The reality is, I spent all that cash on my new camera.. Not a penny for a new computer..

And then, the Boxing Day passed by.. Overexcited with the low price in the stores such as Canada Computers, I felt this it the time to buy.. So, I bought my Intel processor, the i7-950 Quad Core.. The only thing that I paid myself.. Other items, the Razer backlit keyboard and mice, plus the OCZ Fatal1ty PSU, Asus GTX 470.. all was paid by Tokey (a huge debt for me)..
-keyboard-
-mice-

-processor-
-power supply-
-graphic card-
Those did not sound a PC at all, right? Where's the other items? Well, as financial crisis hit me, I can just watch the above items laying under the table, without even unboxing it.. Well, there's no point of opening the boxes when you can't really ran them on..

When the last scholarship banked in, there's not even a single day I waste.. I just ran through NCIX.com, find all the thing that I need for my 'RIG', clicked 'Checkout' button, and I'm done.. I bought my motherboard, or 'Mobo', as they said, in Memory Express as they have the lowest price for me.. What were they? Well, I bought my Asus VE228BH LED Backlit Monitor, Corsair H70 Liquid Cooling, and other small stuffs that were not worth mentioned.. Wait, there's this two other items.. The Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 RAM, and NZXT Tempest Evo..

-monitor-

-cpu cooler-
-memory-
-casing-

This two items was the only items that hasn't arrived yet.. Cause Pulorator (courier company) didn't operate on weekend, I have to wait till next Monday, to start building up my 'RIG'..

Now that I purchased all this items, and paid back my debt (remember Tokey?), I have to started saving on all my living expenses.. And that's includes my lunch.. I planning that I should never had any lunch after this until the next scholarship payment.. Maybe once or two, if I really feel to have one.. If not, I will just wait until dinner to get some ration into my stomach.. Maybe I've to borrow back some cash from Tokey, just to please my old landlord..

Overall, i'm satisfied with all my investment.. I'll overclocked them, as soon I finished installing the parts, or after I completing my Fundamentals of Computer Programming midterm this Tuesday.. In order of priority, that comes first.. So, till then..

Next post will be in the next two months from now..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life as a "pak cik"

ASME HPV East 2013: Log 5 - Good Ending

tudin dh boring