US Trip : Log 14 - Philly, Philadelphia

Philadelphia, first city in this trip which I didn't use its public transport. It is still quite far between 30th St. Amstrak Station and the furthest place that I want to go, but it's doable.


9:30am

Started walking through the Market Street (the East-West side). And first thing I found, the LOVE sculpture. You know, the popular sculpture with 'LO' on top and 'VE' in the bottom. Here, pictures.




That's a tower with Benjamin Franklin in copper at top. Oh, and the LOVE scuplture is behind that very fountain.


11:30am

Reading Terminal Market. Wonderful place and consists of variety shops, from fresh meats, fresh fruits/vegetables, to chocolate truffles and restaurants.


Sad for me, I can't eat most of the food. But, my eyes stucked to this one restaurants, 'Dutch Eating Place'.


Which then I ordered an omelette, fries and hot tea. Very scrumtous omelette. And the fries was freshly cut too. No wonder there's people waiting in line to be served.


There's more. The waitress are all dressed in Germany traditional milkmaid clothes. Looks shy and innocence but hardworking. Thumbs up.




2:00pm

Visited some historical site, such as the Liberty Bell, which is responsible and play a major key in the States Independence and the End of Slavery there.


Went to Benjamin Franklin House too. Though only parts of his house is left. So, no pictures to take. Haha! Actually, I have but in my D7000. Because every pictures in this US Trip log is taken using my iPhone4, which I often forget to take pictures.


4:30pm

Already exhaused. Made me sleep for a while inside one food court in a building which I can't remember its name. Soon, when I'm awake, there's a free coffee giveaway. We only have to pose with the coffee for pictures, and then get a free coffee. Refreshing cold coffee.


Nothing particular happens after that. Just shopping some souveniers.


20:38pm

Waiting for my bus back to Toronto which will leave at 9:45pm.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:St Marks Square,Philadelphia,United States

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

life as a "pak cik"

ASME HPV East 2013: Log 5 - Good Ending

tudin dh boring